
It has been asked several times "what am I doing in Germany anyway?" Other than travelling around and visiting friends and working of my thesis corrections this fall, I also have a day job. This is working on part of a big EU project called GLOWA (they love the acronyms here). I am responsible for incorporating huge (200,000 + lines !) amounts of data from Baden-Württemberg, Bavaria and Austria into one database and creating useful and attractive maps of certain "nutrients" in the groundwater of the Danube River. Very exciting! At the end of the project now, it is much more interesting at the beginning. I have found my travels around southern Germany have helped me understand the geology and societal uses of the land, which in turn helps in understanding why certain chemistry patterns persist in the groundwater of certain regions.
And you thought I was just playing here!
No comments:
Post a Comment