Thursday, March 11, 2010

Moving to Munich, Germany


This is possibly the real reason why I'm moving back to Germany... the baking!


The Munich Rathaus (City Hall) with a life size Glockenspiel with little dancers.



One of the many royal palaces in Munich.



Big Church.


The Institute for Groundwater Ecology, my new home.



The German Museum. It is a huge museum containing many inventions from the past 1000 years.


I went on this Nightwatchman tour of the old city center of Munich and heard stories and legends from centuries past. One true story is that they used to bury many people within the city walls, and when the bodies decomposed it caused pollution of the groundwater where people extracted their drinking water! Yuk!

1 comment:

Kristen Dawn said...

Peter,
I am so excited for you! I hope that we get to come visit you while you are in such a wonderful place! Great Work! You have earned this one.
Kristen