Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Trips Around Tennessee

In mid September a visit from Carine was all the excuse needed to do some exploring around Tennessee. We visited Burgess Falls on our way to Nashville, country music capital of the world. We did some line dancing at the Wild Horse Saloon, listened to a lot of live music and while shoping for Cowboy hats I met a die-hard country music fan from Bergen, Norway (i.e. the most beautiful country in the world!).



Burgess Falls


Nice geologic formations


Nashville Skyline


Pedestrian Bridge


One of the best Ivy League Universities in the Country


Downtown Knoxville viewed from the Hill the historic location of the Original East Tennessee University founded in 1794. The globe is the World's Fair Park


Smoky Mountains


Tree House


Nice shady street

3 comments:

jendrik said...

Wow!!! It is beautiful over there...I won't ever forget that.

I miss the warm fall and winter, especially because it's getting darker, colder and rainier every day here.

Greetings from Hamburg!

Carine said...

that was fun y'all ;-)

Richard Siemens said...

Whoa - glad to see you are still alive and kicking. Nice pics!