Thursday, September 22, 2005

Life in Stuttgart

700 year old Church silouetted against Herrenberg. One of the earliest uses of the "Rosette" or "Zwiebelturm" (Onion tower as the locals call them).
Violin Shop in Tübingen. The Schwarzwald is famous for fine wood products like wind string instruments and kukoo-clocks. I met a girl here that makes bag pipes for a living too.

Classic example of the half timbered design termed "Fachwerk" in German. This style is all over Germany and Denmark too I noticed.


Inside of Church in Tübingen


Tübingen, beautiful and famous University town near Stuttgart


Neckar River, flow through Stuttgart and into the Rhein river


State Opera Stuttgart


Schloss Platz, Palace Square


Neuer Schloss, New Palace


Vaihingen, suburb of Stuttgart where the Technical University is.

Lots of forests in and around Stuttgart

Stuttgart with TV tower



I am living in Stuttgart, Germany until Christmas, 2005. I love the city and the people and the surroundings. I will try to give people a feel for how life is through these photos. The picture above is looking north from the Hauptbahnhof (Main Train Station). There is lots of vineyards like this throughout the city. So far, partly due to the fact that my blogger program is in German, I haven't figured out how to format this better.





No comments: